Why am I writing this?

I have known many, many people who have had their dogs die from cancer. In many cases, the cancer was too far advanced to treat. Of those who did treat, you don't know the details of what they went through. It sounds quite simple when summarized with 'we went though chemo and he lived 2 years'. There is a whole lot more emotion and decisions to be made. Treatment is not always simple.

This blog is my own personal experience. Some days are filled with frustration, others are filled with laughter. If anyone is offended, I can't apologize for my emotions. I typed what I felt at the time. It does not mean I feel the same today. If you want clarification, just ask. No matter my frustrations, I know my vet and oncologist are doing a fantastic job of caring for Arri. He just is not co-operating by being a 'typical' case.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 7, 2012 Photo day


Another visit to the vampire.  We cannot start the metronomic chemo until the blood count is good.  Dr Mike asked why they didn’t do chemo last week.  He didn’t see any number that was out of the ordinary.  His white count was low, but it was actually higher than the first chemo treatment.  I could not remember what code they said was low.    Arri and I waited for the test results and his white count was up.  The data will be faxed to the oncologist and when she gives the word, we will start the daily chemo pills.

Photo day!!!  Let the chaos begin.  We are taking all 5 dogs to a photographer to get GOOD photos done. This session is to get a group shot, singles of Teva before he leaves for school, Oregon’s puppy pictures and the last photos of Arri on all 4.   You would think these dogs have never gone out in their life.  Never mind all the socialization and experiences they have had during their CCI training time.  They just get SOOO hyper when in a group.  One or two at a time, you would think they were different dogs but get all 5 in a room that is new to them and chaos reigns.  It really is no wonder I try not to torture the same photographer twice.

I am fairly certain there were only 5 working brain cells during the dogs photo session -   All of them being contained in Teva’s head.  He held his positions and stayed in place.  He didn’t move at the goofy noises.  He did great with one exception.  When it was time for Arri’s solo shoot, Teva wanted to be with him.  He kept running into the shot.  I finally lured him away and told him to sit.  He did.  Right on the photographer.  Kevin was laying on the floor to get the photo and Teva sat on his back.  Laughter and chaos go hand in paw.

No comments:

Post a Comment