Why am I writing this?

I have known many, many people who have had their dogs die from cancer. In many cases, the cancer was too far advanced to treat. Of those who did treat, you don't know the details of what they went through. It sounds quite simple when summarized with 'we went though chemo and he lived 2 years'. There is a whole lot more emotion and decisions to be made. Treatment is not always simple.

This blog is my own personal experience. Some days are filled with frustration, others are filled with laughter. If anyone is offended, I can't apologize for my emotions. I typed what I felt at the time. It does not mean I feel the same today. If you want clarification, just ask. No matter my frustrations, I know my vet and oncologist are doing a fantastic job of caring for Arri. He just is not co-operating by being a 'typical' case.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

February 8, 2012

Arri is such a goof!  This morning, after feeding the critters, I was walking in circles.  I didn’t know where to start my day.  Arri was stalking me.  Habitually, after he eats, he chews a bone for about 10 minutes.  It is the only time he really chews.  Probably because he doesn’t chew his food, he inhales it.  I am standing by the kitchen sink and he is just staring up at me.  I realize he is asking for his pain pill.  The pill is not coated so he won’t take it, not even with his food.  I have to cover it with cheese and then he eats it right up.  I had not given it to him yet.  Once he got his cheese, he walked away.  I’m not sure what will happen when we are done with healing.  Where some people might get addicted to the pain meds, I think Arri is addicted to cheese.
I took Arri and Glamis for a walk today.  It is beautiful April weather in February.  He was a little stiff at the end but I think he was very happy to be out enjoying the day.   Of course, he had to catch up on pee-mail.  He finished one message and was leaving a response when Glamis started sniffing the same pee-mail.  Naturally, Arri baptized Glamis and I had to wash a dog when we got home

No comments:

Post a Comment