Why am I writing this?

I have known many, many people who have had their dogs die from cancer. In many cases, the cancer was too far advanced to treat. Of those who did treat, you don't know the details of what they went through. It sounds quite simple when summarized with 'we went though chemo and he lived 2 years'. There is a whole lot more emotion and decisions to be made. Treatment is not always simple.

This blog is my own personal experience. Some days are filled with frustration, others are filled with laughter. If anyone is offended, I can't apologize for my emotions. I typed what I felt at the time. It does not mean I feel the same today. If you want clarification, just ask. No matter my frustrations, I know my vet and oncologist are doing a fantastic job of caring for Arri. He just is not co-operating by being a 'typical' case.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Jan 8 Extended dog family

Yesterday was a hard day in my extended dog family.  

There are some who bring a light so great to the world 
                          That even after they are gone, 
                                    The light remains. 
                                                Annie 
                    March 27, 1999 - January 7, 2013
This morning, Arri and I are very sad.  Last night, Sweet Annie went to the rainbow bridge.  She started having seizures as a result of the neurological disease.   Combined with the cancer in her lungs, her mom made the torturous decision to ease her pain.  We will miss hearing Annie's Adventures.  I am comforted knowing she will be waiting at the Bridge when Arri moves there.













 




In addition, CCI also lost Service Dog Garbo.  Garbo graduated in May 2002 from North Central Region.  She was in Glamis' graduating class.  Peace and hugs to Brian.


With all the sadness, I do have a bit of good news.  Arri had a quiet night with no coughing/breathing episodes during the night.  This morning I gave him an appetite stimulant and within and hour he was looking for his food bowl.  He did not eat a huge amount of food but the was happy to be eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment