Why am I writing this?

I have known many, many people who have had their dogs die from cancer. In many cases, the cancer was too far advanced to treat. Of those who did treat, you don't know the details of what they went through. It sounds quite simple when summarized with 'we went though chemo and he lived 2 years'. There is a whole lot more emotion and decisions to be made. Treatment is not always simple.

This blog is my own personal experience. Some days are filled with frustration, others are filled with laughter. If anyone is offended, I can't apologize for my emotions. I typed what I felt at the time. It does not mean I feel the same today. If you want clarification, just ask. No matter my frustrations, I know my vet and oncologist are doing a fantastic job of caring for Arri. He just is not co-operating by being a 'typical' case.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 17, 2012:

Treatment 7:  Tim and I went together again.  Left the 3 dogs at home in the kennel. They will be well rested and hyper when we get home.  It is 40 degrees with very heavy fog.  Visibility is only ¼ mile.  By the time we reach Canton, it is 52 degrees and sprinkling.  We were early for the appointment.  Yesterday, Arri removed the squeaker from the hedgehog.  Today, there is a new squeaky lamb.  Arri squeaked and squeaked and squeaked while we waited for the appointment.  I don’t know if they were ready or just wanted him to stop squeaking, but they took him back early.  They think he is a riot.  Once again, the girls said he is the happiest radiation patient ever.
No issues with treatment.  He was a bit more stable when walking out today.  We have to lift him into the van because he has no judgment for jumping while on drugs.  He thinks he is doing it right but he will crash right into the side of the van.
The ride home was better.  Arri did rest some this time.  We drove through drizzle, rain, flurries and finally a pretty good snow.    Winter has returned.  It is supposed to be much colder and nasty the rest of the week. 
On the ride home I got a phone call.  Caller ID said CCI.  Hhmmmm, I don’t have dogs at the center so this just might be about a puppy.  Sure enough, it was Suzanne asking how I felt about overlapping pups.  They have two that need homes. Teva doesn’t leave until May.  Normally, I would have his successor by now.  I didn’t think it would be fair to Arri, and I do need a little sanity so I have put it off.  I am planning on a March puppy so now I am officially on ‘the list’. 

No comments:

Post a Comment