Why am I writing this?

I have known many, many people who have had their dogs die from cancer. In many cases, the cancer was too far advanced to treat. Of those who did treat, you don't know the details of what they went through. It sounds quite simple when summarized with 'we went though chemo and he lived 2 years'. There is a whole lot more emotion and decisions to be made. Treatment is not always simple.

This blog is my own personal experience. Some days are filled with frustration, others are filled with laughter. If anyone is offended, I can't apologize for my emotions. I typed what I felt at the time. It does not mean I feel the same today. If you want clarification, just ask. No matter my frustrations, I know my vet and oncologist are doing a fantastic job of caring for Arri. He just is not co-operating by being a 'typical' case.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's winter in Michigan


The one additional comment I had in the consult was about the lump.  I didn’t know if it was scar tissue or cancer.  I had not looked at it closely.  I didn’t want to.    When he went in for his 3rd surgery in November, I asked them to do x-rays.  Arri  was growing lumps weekly and I wanted to make sure he wasn’t hiding any.  At the time, he was clean.   Because the cancer was coming back so quickly, the 6 week old x-rays were too old.  They took Arri back for new x-rays.  He was clean – hooray!!!

Yet another topic to cover was boarding.  One of the potential issues is weather.  You wouldn’t know it to look outside but it is January and we are in Michigan.  Easy to forget with the winter we are having.  They do offer boarding at $40 a night but they prefer not to do it.  The dogs heal better if they are with their family and in the comfort of their own home.  We left that open ended knowing that if a big storm was predicted, we could board him instead of missing an appointment or stupidly driving in bad weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment