Why am I writing this?

I have known many, many people who have had their dogs die from cancer. In many cases, the cancer was too far advanced to treat. Of those who did treat, you don't know the details of what they went through. It sounds quite simple when summarized with 'we went though chemo and he lived 2 years'. There is a whole lot more emotion and decisions to be made. Treatment is not always simple.

This blog is my own personal experience. Some days are filled with frustration, others are filled with laughter. If anyone is offended, I can't apologize for my emotions. I typed what I felt at the time. It does not mean I feel the same today. If you want clarification, just ask. No matter my frustrations, I know my vet and oncologist are doing a fantastic job of caring for Arri. He just is not co-operating by being a 'typical' case.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March 13: Arri speaks

Hey Everybody!  It's me....ARRI

When mom had her back turned, Oregon helped me log on so I could write to you.

Last night was pretty rough.  Mom just didn't know what I wanted.  I was panting for 4 hours.  She gave me water, I drank.  But I just couldn't get enough air.  She finally understood my SOS pant and carried me to the kitchen.  She set me down and I fell.  She put on her coat and helped me get up.  That time I had no problem moving to the door.  I had to go out.  Boy did it take her a long time to figure that out. She must be really tired.  I enjoyed a little time sitting in the newly fallen snow.  It was pretty outside.  Of course every trip outside is not complete without a game of cookies.  It was 2 am  I was tired, mom was tired but we played anyway. I scored 2 whole pupperoni sticks.

Mom crawled into bed and I followed into the bedroom but didn't want to get on the bed.  I just laid at the foot.  She managed to get some sleep.  I didn't.  The trip outside relived me of panting but I was coughing the rest of the night.

I don't know why everyone is awake.  It is still dark out.   I think it must be my birthday.  I know something special is happening.  While the three stooges got their normal breakfast, mom fed me a piece of pumpkin pie.  My very own piece!!!!   I didn't have to share with anyone.  Then, as if that wasn't enough, she made me french toast.  I don't know what french toast is but mom was having some for breakfast and she said I could have some.  No sane dog would argue with mom if she is offering the same breakfast she is having.  I ate some of it but really, I liked the pie better.  Maybe I will get to finish the steak too.

I am kind of tired.  I'm gonna take another nap.  I have to rest up.  Mom says I am taking a train ride today.  I don't know what that is either, but I love riding in the car.  Mom explained that I was going to the Rainbow Bridge.  I would get to see Annie and Maleah and so many other dogs.  She promised I would be able to breathe better.  I wouldn't have all the lumps and bumps.  She wasn't sure if I would see my missing leg there.  That's ok if it isn't, I get along fine without.  I am a little sad that mom and dad won't be there but she said they will meet me later.

I gotta go.  Dr. Mike is here and mom said he has my train ticket.  Thank you for being so nice to my mom.  She always told me how great you all have been.  I will miss everyone.

Sniffs, wags, wiggles and barks!!!

Love,
Arri

No comments:

Post a Comment