Why am I writing this?

I have known many, many people who have had their dogs die from cancer. In many cases, the cancer was too far advanced to treat. Of those who did treat, you don't know the details of what they went through. It sounds quite simple when summarized with 'we went though chemo and he lived 2 years'. There is a whole lot more emotion and decisions to be made. Treatment is not always simple.

This blog is my own personal experience. Some days are filled with frustration, others are filled with laughter. If anyone is offended, I can't apologize for my emotions. I typed what I felt at the time. It does not mean I feel the same today. If you want clarification, just ask. No matter my frustrations, I know my vet and oncologist are doing a fantastic job of caring for Arri. He just is not co-operating by being a 'typical' case.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 13, 2012: just keep swimming...

Another trip to the beach.  The water is perfect.  I am still waiting on Arri’s life vest.  It will probably come today. (yes, it did)  Summer comes along on this trip.  She likes the lake a little better than the pool.  Arri is back to his old swimming self.   He doesn’t go as deep as he used to but he won’t get out of the water.  He swims out, heads back to shore, swims out, heads back to shore….For some reason he wants to head North.  So that is the way we go. I don’t know why he is so insistent on going that way.  I got a great water walking resistance workout trying to keep up with him – still holding the harness to keep his rear afloat.  He must have swam a good 45 minutes.  When it was time to go, he gave me the most pathetic look.  He stood at the edge of the water, head drooped.  Summer and I started walking to the car.  Arri didn’t move.  ¾ of the way to the car, Arri had moved about 10 feet.  I dry Summer off and load her into the car.  I turn to see what the boy is doing.  He is about halfway up the slope, slowly making his way.  He is tired. 



I don't want to go home.


do we have to go??


Wait for me!!!  I'm hopping as fast as I can.

1 comment: